Outlook is one of the most popular email client used for both personal and official use. Outlook is a complete package of different useful functions that users need while organizing their email messages. Though Outlook is a great application, it might run into issues at times. There are many issues namely PST corruption, Outlook not responding and many more. Though most of them can be resolved quickly, in most cases of file corruption, it might be necessary to reinstall Outlook.
When you uninstall and reinstall Outlook, you will lose all the important emails and information in the program. This is where a backup would be helpful. Even if you reinstall Outlook, you can still import all the emails that you have a backup of. Here is a list of instructions from OmniTech guides that according to OmniTech reviews is the simplest method to reinstall the program.
- Open Microsoft Outlook from the Start menu.
- From the Outlook window, click on the File menu from the taskbar.
- From the menu, choose the option Import.
- Choose Export to a File, under Choose an action to perform. Click on the Next button.
- Choose Outlook Data File (.Pst), from under the Create a file of type. Click on Next.
- Now select the folder with the names such as Sent items, Inbox, Drafts, and all those folders that you want to take a backup of. Click on Next.
- Move to the position where you want to save the files and folders.
- Choose the option Replace Duplicates with Items Exported and then click on Finish.
- With this, you have backed up data successfully, if you do not find any error message at the end of the process.
While saving backup emails, it is advisable that you save them in a DVD or USB flash drive.
- Open Outlook, click on the File menu, from the options, choose Info. Click on the Account Settings option.
- Click on Account Settings once again, then on Data Files tab.
- Highlight Account and then click on Open File Location.
- With this, you will be able to get a list of all the .pst files available in the computer.
- Choose and copy all the PST files to the desired location.
According to OmniTech reviews, it is best to make use of a backup tool for Outlook so that you can create one easily and have it store all important data periodically.